Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Question about Patriot

  1. #1
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I am thinking about getting Patriot for one of my nieces. Can anyone tell if Patriot is actually in the movie very much?

    Thanks a bunch!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member trvnbrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HI,

    Not a lot, just near the end, but he is sooo cute. [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't want to give you too many details. Sounds like you weren't able to watch the movie. It was really well done. Hope you can see it soon!

    Warmly,

    trvnbrn

  3. #3
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    So....do you think he was in it enough for a little girl to relate to him through the movie? My nieces haven't read all of the books yet.

    These little girls need special things in their lives.....

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Patriot was in the movie for about 2 minutes. They have the scene from the 6th book, where Jiggy Nye comes and helps them deliver the foal.

    I don't know much about horses, so perhaps they can change color as they age, but the one in the movie seemed to have a more medium-dark brown coloring than the actual horse that AG sells. It might have just been that the scene was in the stables, and it was sort of dark, but I would think it would just appear darker in that case.

    I don't know if that would change your mind, or your nieces interest. If she's more into the books, I can't see it hurting her chances of liking Patriot, but if the movie was her first look at Felicity's world, it might be a "why is the horse a different color?"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh yes, the baby horse was part of the climax of the whole movie. I think Patriot would be a wonderful gift. I can't wait till the movie comes out on DVD...I sure hope they package it with a mini doll like the Samantha movie.

  6. #6
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Actually....I don't think the color issue would matter with them. I just know that they love horses. They live a few hours from me, but when they come to visit, I always let them ride one of our ponies. They go nuts over the ponies.

    I want to get theme the stable, and both horses....and Elizabeth. But I will likely only get them both a Patriot, or one girl Patriot, and one girl Polly.

    I just want to buy them everything! ;-)

  7. #7
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We have Patriot and your nieces will absolutely love him!!!!!! He is awesome!!! You will not be disapointed if you buy him, he is well worth the money!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Thank you C&N's mom! Now I just have to decide if I should get them each one, or get one girl Patriot, and one Baby Polly.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jenny, I think the one of Patriot and Polly are good choices. Diana loved both when they were shown in the movie.

    Laurie

  10. #10
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree!!! It's fun to each have your own special gift!!! Polly looks cute too!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •